Trackcarz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scuderia's Project

5 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Empty Re: Scuderia's Project

Post by martyboi Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:12 am

Good move don, better than a can of tyre foam any day Cool
martyboi
martyboi
Admin
Admin

https://trackcarz.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by davenport Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:14 pm

so good to see this is still evolving and improving...

top work fella, top work indeed...

davenport
Stig Of The Dump
Stig Of The Dump

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:42 am

Thanks Guys,i did try multi quote but iot not working?one for our Marty:),

Update,

Well this will be my last update till next Spring, as the weather up here in Scotland is on the change........and iam not lying about a cold damp garage over the Winter Months, apart from that iam way to busy,i will keep buying parts that's on my wish list when i can?, but there will be no work done on the car till next Spring,

Last Update of 2012

Right where do i start?,at the beginning would be good eh,

So i bought myself a set of Ring fog lights,yeah yeah i now light overdose!, they where reduced at my local Halfords so i thought I'll have them,and i thought they would work well with my Ring Rally Giants spot lights that are already fitted,

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Switch006_zpscc48ea12

So as much as i had my other Rally Giant spot lights fitted i thought it was good idea to bring all the relays & fuses even switches all together in the one place, so i bought some bits and pieces to get the job done,

So after fitting the new fog lights and running the 25amp wires throw the bulkhead to the dashboard, i made a start to an alloy panel to mount it all on,

2mm Alloy

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Alloy005_zps365b2315

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 9c883d9b

Durite Fuse Holders For The Light Switches & Lights

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 7a61b62f

15Metres 25amp Euro Twin Core Wire

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Wire001_zpsd90c8525

LED Light Up Fuses.......When Blown!,

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 WasherPumpLEDINTFuses002_zps2fa88ea9

Since buying those above fuses i have since bought more,so every fuse in the car is now LED Light Up,

4 x 25amp LED On/Off Toggle Switches

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Switch005_zps3c6efef0

P/Clips For Securing Twin Core Wire

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Wire002_zpsdfe085eb

Switch Panel Fabrication

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 SwitchPanel015_zpsbfd494dd

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 SwitchPanel011_zps34c5c2af

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 SwitchPanel009_zps8971d2e9

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 SwitchesFixed011_zps9b661152

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 SwitchesFixed014_zps9736f21a

12v Socket

Twin 12v USB Socket

USB Map Light

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 12vSocket003_zps9fc279e8

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 SumpGuard036_zps622894a6

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 WasherPumpLEDINTFuses005_zps1d28f7f1

You will see that each pair of lights now have there own 30amp relay and are protected by a 25amp LED fuse,and each switch is also LED fuse protected,

Panel Fitted & Wired

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 SumpGuard032_zps1e39ca73

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Finished015_zps839e0cf8

Light Switch Test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phaHl_iAw8w

LED Toggle Light Switches

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 SwitchBoard005_zps38a6f015

Ring Fog Lamps Fitted

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 SumpGuard015_zpsdcde89cb

BRIGHT LIGHT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0ZztGr0j4I

I have since done away with my rear wiper and motor along with the wiper washer bottle as both motors were goosed,

So i bought a new universal 1.2l wiper bottle and pump kit and have since wired it all up and fitted some new hose pipe,the switch is now on the lighting panel as the 4th switch,

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 WasherPumpLEDINTFuses007_zps91131ac1

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 WasherPumpLEDINTFuses009_zps78e3e44b

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 C70b37bc

The old system is now removed and new kit fitted to inside the rear of the car away from the elements, so it might now last a little longer?,

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 SumpGuard066_zps68dd74e7

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 SumpGuard067_zps86d44861

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 SumpGuard068_zps39daeff9

New Look FiatScotland Stickers..........not yet fitted,that's not like me......lol,

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 9e0c81c8

But i did fit the another set i bought at Hopetoun House, until i have time to fit the others.......or find some space,

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Finished017_zpsbd4ac22b

I also bought some 3mm alloy tread plate on the cheap....don't ask, to replace the alloy Mini Cooper sump guard i fitted a while ago,i had to change it as it was sitting far to low!,i have since gave it away to young lad building a Mini auto test car,

What i have been able to do is use all the brackets i made up when fitting the old sump guard to work with the new guard,which is now sitting much much higher that the old guard,

New adjustable long alloy hydraulic handbrake lever....much easier now to pull on,

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Finished015_zps839e0cf8

Working Hard As Always.......Out with the old........in with the new,

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 SumpGuard008_zpsfdde84e3

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 SumpGuard004_zps7728f83a

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 SumpGuard003_zpsa70211cc

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 SumpGuard002_zpsca25ea52

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 SumpGuard001_zpsa392bd1f

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 SumpGuard015_zpsdcde89cb

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 SumpGuard013_zps16894697

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 SumpGuard012_zpsc71f0882

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 SumpGuard016_zps3d8b7676

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 SumpGuard018_zpsdd473a27

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 SumpGuard021_zps244058fb

Well....i think that just about covers it until the next time,it has since been locked up covered over and the door pulled down and bolted till next Spring,that said, i will be down to turn it over every so often but that's it from me,

Over & Out,

All the best Scuderia

Last edited by Scuderia on Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:55 am

Hi All,

Well the time has come for me to move on,yes you guessed it,the Fiat is going up for sale, i should get it listed in the coming weeks?,where?, iam not sure yet,

They do say all good things come to an end though eh,to be honest i could keep going and keep working on it.......even improve on it in places, but ive lost the heart,apart from that ive spent £8k+ on it over the 4 years with documented proof and receipts, so enough is enough,

Iam no way expecting that type of cash in return but seeing as its a very good example and still road legal MOT'ed and taxed with 82k on the clock,it can be used for some weekend track days even used at most car events even concourse events, which it dosent look out of place at,this should give the car half a fighting chance to be sold to the right person,there is even a spare 1108cc engine and spare new unused R888 tyres and new and used spares which can only help,

Iam in no rush for a sale as its dry garaged so time is on my side so to speak,

Just thought i would let you all know,please don't flood this thread with offers of interest,if you are interested please PM me,

Cheers Don

Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:19 am

Hi All,

Sorry ive not been about ive been way to busy,

Right a little update,

I have since Xmas decided not to sell the car....well for now anyroads,reason?.many reasons;), but the main reason being i couldn't bare to let it go for nothing after all the time and cash ive put into it over the last 4+ years,plenty interest and offers but none i was willing to except, so it can stay for now,so iam i going to keep spending and improving on it?..............hell yeah,Love It!,

I have already bought some new parts for it in the last few weeks,sorry no pic's uploaded yet,but i will get some sorted out as the weeks go on,

1). New Clear Coolant Bottle

2).New Coolant Bottle Cap

3).Work in progress,i bought a nice new shiny part for it from LA in the US,i could of bought this part in the UK but the company that sold me this part even machined it to custom fit my Fiat which was a plus point..........more on this in the weeks to come....sorry, you should know me by now:),iam cruel:) lmfao

Nice to be back!,

All the best Scuderia
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:44 am

Update....... i bought some more parts for the custom part i bought in LA the other week from rally spares Company in Letterkenny in Co Donegal ,should be here later this week?,so thats it now more or less ready for fitting,although i will have to machine them to suit my custom part...Argh,seems the part i bought with it coming from US is an odd ball size......that said it could be the Cento not the custom part....no big deal,iam hoping i can get some time later this Month?providing if the weather picks up?,past lying about a cold garage floor...,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:00 pm

Hi,

Thought i had better share what i ordered from LA in the US a Month ago for the Cento,

Sorry for the long wait, i had to have a few bits milled first before i posted up some pics,

Its a set of custom camber plates,i have had to have the alloy plates milled down to size to fit the suspension turrets in the Cento,that now just leaves me to mark the plates up and drill the holes for the 3 locating studs that attaches them to the top of the turrets,

The top hat spacers that came with the spherical bearings were to large for my coilover spindle, so i had to purchase a set of alloy top hat spacers from Rally Spares and have them milled down to suit the bearing size,

This now leaves me to drill the alloy top hat spacers out to suit my swindle size, as the hole in them at the minute is just a pilot hole so you can drill them out to suit any application,

Its still a little cold up here in Scotland but  i should all going well make a start to this next Month?,then i can get car back to Pro Grip and get it set up.....Again,

Top mount bearing camber plates

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Hhhhk024
Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Hhhhk034
Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Hhhhk031

Syherical bearing top hat spacers

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Hhhhk030
Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Hhhhk029
Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Hhhhk027

Here is a pic of the new coolant bottle and cap,

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Headercoolanttank002
Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Headercoolanttank004
Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Headercoolanttank006
Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Headercoolanttank007

All the best Scuderia

Last edited by Scuderia on Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:55 am

Hi All,

This weather in the North East Coast is messing with me heed this year...Argh,so ive still not made a start to the Fiat yet, and its nearly April....WTF,what i normaly do is catch up on things about the house.......which ive done,but its still to cold for me to be working down in the garage......Pussy, BUT.......fingers crossed the weather will start to pick up anytime soon?........not betting money on it though!,

Its due MOT in May, but i don't think iam going to MOT it this year?,just keep working on it this Summer and keep it SORN,well see,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:23 am

Hi All,

Just thought i had better give you all a little update on whats been going on up here in Scotland with this little Fiat........not a whole lot,bloody rain and wind now,

I made a start to draining the and flushing the coolant system the other week but ive not got as far as fitting the new clean header tank yet and filling it back up with fresh coolant,more on that in a few weeks,

If iam honest iam not been that keen to go down to the garage at the minute but i have made a start to the adjustable camber plates i bought at the start of the year,

So what Ive done is remove the coilovers,stripped them down,and give them a good clean then fitted the new adjustable camber plates,

Video link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLWxAIE1oys

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Hhhhk022
Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Customtopmount040
Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Customtopmount039
Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Customtopmount042a

That's about it for now,more in the coming days & weeks,

Cheers Scuderia

Last edited by Scuderia on Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:33 am

Hi All,

Just a little update whilst i have 5 mins to spare,

I managed to get the coilovers with the new adjustable top mount strut bearings fitted which iam happy with,

Like i said the other day,until i get the car back to Pro Grip and get it set up on the hunter imaging system will i know whats what.........when that will be iam not sure?, as iam not sure iam puitting the old girl back on the road this year, so theres no rush?,

Like i said the other day i got the new coolant tank and cap fitted and bolted back in place,its now just a case of filling it back up with fresh summer winter coolant,looks much better eh,Thanks Blu,

Here is a pic of both in one shot to keep you going.....don't say i don't give you anything,

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 52156710201217877273109

What i will do for you once i get the car topped back up with fresh coolant and checked for leaks and the sump guard bolted back on will i give you a few shots of the cars new stance,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:47 pm

Hi All,

Right i managed to get the coolant system filled back up and checked for leaks and sump guard back on.....all good,

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Camber010
Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Camber008
Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Camber012

Like i said the other day the new adjustable top mount bearings and coilovers are fitted and set as near as possible to each other,like i said until i get it back to Pro Grip and it set up right and tested will i know whats what,

As a rough measure the camber plate and coilovers are set at about 1.5 degees of camber......nothing to silly,

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Camber014
Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Camber013
Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Camber005

New adjustable Camber plates,

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Camber008
Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Camber009

Iam working on another update and improvment for the car,but thats it for now,

Thats All Folks,Over & Out

Cheers Scuderia

Last edited by Scuderia on Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:15 pm

Update,

Nothing special,i could have bought one and it would have been much better looking than my attempt, but that would have been to easy,apart from that i had some alloy tread plate left over from a job i did last year,waist not want not as they say eh,

So i quickly made up a small battery tray to house my small battery,

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Rmnu
Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Wgns
Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Qhee
Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Rea4

Iam working on other stuff as we speak but more on that in a few days,

Cheers Scuderia

Last edited by Scuderia on Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:34 pm

Hi all,

God no updates in 3 months then 2 in a week,

Again nothing special, but something ive been meaning to do for while,

Anyone that track days there car will know it gets hot when your out on the track doing 10 laps at a time.....very hot!,so ive been looking to get rid of the heating system......i could have just done away with the heater matrix,but i decided to get rid of the complete system and replace it with a new in-line fan that i got from Rally Spares,i don't use the car in the winter as its garaged so not much need for heat,but i still need a ventilation system as i keep a fine balance of keeping this car MOT'ed for events and shows not just track days,

Heating System Out

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Szn5

New 3" in-line Fan

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 3lvp

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 5fkl

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 2i5i

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 5o7i

Some 3" Air Ducting

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 3o68

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 83be

Ive not finished it yet, i still need to get a alloy air expansion box welded up so it can join up to the venting system in behind the bulkhead,so at the minute i only have air blasting out the middle vets on the dash......so that will do for now until i can fab up a box then get someone to weld it up,all the measurements have been taken i just need to get myself some 1.5mm alloy sheet,more on that in the weeks to come,

So once the heating system is removed your left with a big hole,so i made a plate from some 3mm tread plate i had kicking about,

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Szn5

So with some cutting and bending and with the use of foam and sealant i got it to this stage,

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Ltgd

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Vyeq

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 O3eb

I had to make up a bracket so the fan itself was position off the bulk head shelf, so when water drips in its not sitting in water, although it is marine safe so its a little water proof,

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Jo49

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Vt15

When wiring it up a just used the old heating wiring loom so no big headache there,its still fuse protected and in the same place,but i did have to fit a new 25amp LED toggle switch and also mod the dash a little,

25amp Blue LED Toggle Switch

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 En09

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Vulf

Dashboard

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 1myt

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 21bh

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 4ji9

Its a little noisy but works well, but when your out on the track wearing a helmet you'll not even hear it,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr7pPUBlwZQ

Next job,should have another little update in a few days,

Cheers Scuderia

Last edited by Scuderia on Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:19 pm

Hi All,

Well i managed to get the strut brace back in this morning and the heater matrix pipes shorted and joined back up and some water put back the coolant tank,not that i lost much to be honest,only what was in the matrix and pipe work before hand,

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Nmgd

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 V5cx

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Px9n

I also fitted a new helmet net in the rear as my other was home made job, its a double net type with an opening in at one side so you can slip the helmets inside so they don't roll about when in transit,

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 83va

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 2kjs

That's about it for now, more in a few days time,

Cheers Scuderia

Last edited by Scuderia on Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:27 am

Hi All,

Well i had some spare time on me hands this morning,so i was able to sand prime degrease and paint this odd spare wheel satin black,turned out well i thought,

Just another 4 to go,but the outer face on them will be painted white then fitted with gravel tyres,

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Yb96

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Gtlm

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 78hb

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Dpjv

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Hiyg

That's all folks,more in a few days?,all going well,

Cheers Scuderia

Last edited by Scuderia on Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:11 am

Hi all,

Well i ordered myself some roll cage tubing,not allot, just enough to replace my old rear brace that i had fitted which was only 1" box section and since fitting the spare wheel back in the car using an alloy wheel post from rally spares last summer i thought the box section was a little inadequate, so replaced it using some roll cage tubing,

So after a little light fab work and stick welding....not my strong point, followed by a little sanding priming and painting here we have it,

Its now probely brace and weight overload as i have already another brace bolted alongside the chassis leg just forward of the rear hatch but not to worry,

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Lx8f

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 C5hy

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Syns

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Aipx

Should have another small update later in the week?,all going well,

Cheers Scuderia

Last edited by Scuderia on Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:48 pm

Hi All,

Well the 13" steels wheels i got have now been sanded degreased and primed,

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Qlol

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 6h5n

Iam more or less now just waiting on the 4th wheel from another member then i can finish them off with some satin black and white gloss,

I didn't put to much work into them if iam honest just enough to have them looking good again,should look good with a set gravel tyres fitted when on the car,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:57 am

Hi Folks,

Right ive had to shelf the wheels until the other arrives, so ive moved onto something else,so this will be one of the last update for a while,

When i fitted the spare wheel into the car last summer by fitting an alloy spare wheel post from rally spares, i obscured one of the lifeline fire extinguisher jets, so i had to relocate it,no big job,so while i was there i decided to add another jet so ordered a few parts,

10mm FIA Zero 2000 lifeline jet

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Tv8i

10mm Equal T-Piece

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Azw6

2m x 10mm Semi Rigid Pipe

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Geww

I had to fab up a couple of alloy brackets to mount the jets but that was no big deal,as i had a few off cuts of 3mm plate kicking about the garage,

Jet Brackets

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 6to4

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Lgch

So i know have 2 jets covering the fuel system as apposed to one,

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 71b7

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Iccg

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 0kcw

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Z8d3

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 2ncg

I also had a spare 3" flexible air duct and ram left over from fitting the new ventilation system but not keen on making big holes in my new bumper, i opted just to make up a few stainless steel brackets and mount the air ram and ducting just below the height of the front bumper just enough to pick up the air flow.......not perfect, but it will do as iam not chopping me bumper up,if it turns out not to be any good i can always remove it,no big deal,

The air duct itself does not go all the way to cone filter on the induction kit, it falls short by about 6" but close enough to feed it some cool air,

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 990k

That's it folks for while as ive ran out of cash and steam,should have a few more updates this summer though, just not sure when?,although i do hope to have the steel wheels finished over the next few weeks,

All the best Scuderia

Last edited by Scuderia on Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:20 am

Awite,

Well i got the front face on the steel wheels finished yesterday.....at long last,3 coats of Ford Diamond White and a coat of lacquar,

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 0mky

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Fdks

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Qgb3

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Op53

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Xfz0

Just need to order a set of medium compound offroad gravel tyres,iam not sure on size yet?,propely a 175,65,13",no rush though as the car will not be on the road this year,probely get a set over the Winter Months?,unless i see a set at a bargan price,

I have myself a spare set of good stainless steel wheel valves in the garage,is it ok to use steel valves on steels rims?,its ok isn't it?,no big deal if its not, i can just fit rubber valves if needs must,

Whats next?,nothing for while iam afraid, but i should have another update before the winter sets in before late Oct......tick toc,

All the best Scuderia
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:52 pm

Hi Peeps,

Right its getting near that time of year again when i shut up shop?,unless its a very mild Winter......doubt it,

So i ordered a few new parts for the car, some have arrived,one hasn't,but with what has, Ive made a little more progress,

Iam not a lover of body kits, but i do like a wide arch kit,but seeing as iam rubbish at glass fibre i just decided to order this arch trim kit from Tuning GT on eBay,Thanks to Blu for the link,

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 DSC_0034_zps5e88cc7a

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 DSC_0037_zps3a6a458f

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 DSC_0036_zps3f5d60f0

To be honest its a good kit for the money,now i don't like sill trims, so opted not to fit a set with this arch kit,.but by doing this the trim finishes off very brutally at the sill, so i made up some alloy plates using some 1.5mm tread plate i had kicking about the garage,

Iam also not keen on a smooth filled finish, so i bought some 10mm rubber u-channel to finish them off, so there is clear line to split them from the car panels to arch kit,

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 DSC_0007_zpsf1604342

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 DSC_0006_zpsf8fcbd5e

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 DSC_0003_zps7bd19193

I also opted to paint them myself using some paint i had made up,481a (Acrylic),not the best i know,but for a diy finish iam happy enough with it,

481a (Acrylic)

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 DSC_0041_zps3debc74d

Primer

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 DSC_0043_zpsfa0a3b59

Tiger Seal

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 DSC_0042_zpsf2ed277c

So after a little trimming cutting sanding de-greasing and painting, here we have it

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 DSC_0005_zps2a3d9ac5

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 DSC_0004_zps5e9663a0

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 DSC_0001_zps9193479b

I then broke out the Tiger Seal and clamps,

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 X_zps660c286a

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 J_zpsc34ac323

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 DSC_0010_zpsb793fce3

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Y_zpse3c5b00c

Like i said i decided to finish them off using some tread plate and also got the front flaps fitted back on, as i has to remove them as they fowled the new ache trims where i once had them fitted,no big deal though, they just needed moved back a little,

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Rsm_zpsba4a0a83

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 DSC_0014_zps86ac9ba5

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Xds_zps590d603f

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 DSC_0016_zpsf747d009

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Www_zpsc241faf3

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Ccm_zps84444ff1

Should have another update soon once this other part arrives?,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by davenport Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:34 pm

hello stranger....

apologies for a massive absence...

hope all is well??

the FIAT is looking mighty fine

davenport
Stig Of The Dump
Stig Of The Dump

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:00 am

davenport wrote:hello stranger....

apologies for a massive absence...

hope all is well??

the FIAT is looking mighty fine
Alwite pal,

Yeah things are good,very quite on here:roll: ........Its a real shame as it could be a good forum,

Iam just about to close up shop for the winter,starting to get a little cold up here in Scotland:( ,I'll live though,

Last update of the year,

Well i bought myself a new GSR induction kit from Torque7,

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Lut0

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Wuu4

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 1dwk

Its just a rough fit at the minute, as my oil catch tank that i had fitted at the front beside the passenger headlight was located there to work with the Focus induction kit i had fitted beforehand,but because time was against me i choose to keep it there....Lazy more like,but this makes the catch tank pipes way too long,i will make up a bracket next Spring and relocate it on the bulk head beside the battery,but this will do for now,

Ive still to give the car a light wash before storing it away for the Winter,so i will take some images of it before i do and post some up,see you aboot............

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 Fw3i

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:15 am

Alwite

Well i had some time on my hands yesterday to get the Fiat cleaned up along with the garage after a few months of work, so as promised here you have some new images of the car after it got itsw face washed:),

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 603889_10202311909783238_2018405079_n_zpsf7d44094

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 59773_10202311905943142_324351616_n_zpsfb026754

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 15091_10202311908583208_1707351442_n_zps7ef0ae1a

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 1231089_10202311906303151_1036619068_n_zps3abf97db

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 942754_10202311909583233_859731590_n_zps4ea147b6

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 1236252_10202311906863165_1643008201_n_zpsc1f3e0e4

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 1236470_10202311907743187_1544626709_n_zps85531392

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 1374926_10202311909103221_1537382019_n_zpsc9ba1a17

All the best Scuderia
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:39 am

Alwite folks,

It really is that time of year again,car is now well and truly locked up till next Spring!,

Below is a quick video of the car idling before i removed the battery and covered it over for the winter,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2e88-oSgGg

Nighty Night

Scuderia's Project - Page 12 DSC_0019_zps8a05f6aa

All the best Don
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12