Trackcarz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scuderia's Project

5 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 Empty Re: Scuderia's Project

Post by martyboi Mon May 21, 2012 1:30 am

Good progress don Cool like the the towing straps Twisted Evil
martyboi
martyboi
Admin
Admin

https://trackcarz.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Mon May 21, 2012 5:36 am

martyboi wrote:Good progress don Cool like the the towing straps Twisted Evil

Cheers Marty,

Yeah... there a nice touch eh....lets hope i don't need them lol Laughing,

All the best Don
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi Mon May 21, 2012 9:26 am

Laughing
martyboi
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Wed May 23, 2012 9:29 am

Hi:)

Well i little update,nothing to big just an Oil Catch Tank that was delivered on Monday....Cool,

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 OilCatchTank002

Now it was the cheapest i could find so its not the best but it'll do the job!,now the pipe what comes with this kit is naf so i just opted to use what was already fitted on my Focus induction kit,that said thats not the best either but it'll do for now as the coolant pipes and other pipework are on my list of things to do?,when?,iam not sure,

I was lucky when it was time to fit the catch tank as this bracket below had never been removed from my car and wasen't in use anymore, so with a couple of new holes drilled into it then given a lick of paint it looked like this,

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 OilCatchTank008

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 OilCatchTankBracket110

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 OilCatchTankBracket109

I also had to add an extra 45 degree bent to the bracket that came with this kit but other than that........the jobs good un:)

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 OilCatchTank007

New Oil Catch Tank Fitted

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 OilCatchTankFitted001

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 OilCatchTankFitted004

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 OilCatchTankFitted005

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 OilCatchTankFitted002

Whats next?????????????,sorry i don't have a bloody clue!,i need a break from it for while, so i'll have a think about it between now and its MOT in 2 weeks time,

Cheers Scuderia

Last edited by Scuderia on Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi Thu May 24, 2012 2:40 am

Another tidy job don..... but there must be a catch! getmecoat grin

martyboi
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Thu May 24, 2012 2:47 am

martyboi wrote:Another tidy job don..... but there must be a catch! getmecoat grin

Cheers Marty.....Groan!....keep the day job pal Laughing
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi Thu May 24, 2012 4:26 pm

Scuderia wrote:
martyboi wrote:Another tidy job don..... but there must be a catch! getmecoat grin

Cheers Marty.....Groan!....keep the day job pal Laughing

lol! grin
martyboi
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:15 pm

Hi All,

Just a quick update to say the little Cento was up on its annual MOT yesterday,and iam pleased to say it passed without any advisorys,well chuffed,

Although i do have a strange smell coming from the back of the engine bay,the best way to disscibe it is its a rubbery plasticy smell,the car is running and idling well and all the coils seems to be working? as its sparking on all 4 pots,there dosen't seem to be any leekage from the inlet manifold or spi unit so iam not sure what it is,it could be one of the new pollycarb bushes on the stainless exhaust? or maybe one of the cat joints is venting a little.......not to worry though as both are easy fixes,

On the way to yesterdays test i took the car the long way round, and it seems that the swirl pot and secondary low pressure pump is doing its job as its cured the fuel starvation problem it was suffering from on hard breaking and cornering, i guess we'll know for sure when i get it out on the track,but iam sure it'll be just fine,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:40 pm

Hi All,

Iam not sure if i mensioned it or not but a day or two before MOT there was a strange smell within the engine bay,it was even coming into the cabin when the car was stationery but couldn't put my finger on what it was?,

Well it turned out to e one of the joints on the cat,so thats the cat joint now sealed and fume free,and the car is now taxed for another 6 Months.....£77 you having a bloody laugh,probely not use all 6 Months this year though, as iam late getting it taxed ,so i'll probely surrender the tax at the end of August after Hopetoun House or around September?...We'll see,

Since its now taxed insured and MOT'ed i was able to get it out there and test if this secondary pump and fuel swirl pot was doing its job?.......which iam pleased to say,so far so good,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:55 pm

Hi All,

Well i bit the bullet yesterday and bought all i needed to change my complete cooling system hoses from stock rubber to silicone.........yeah yeah i know i said August, but iam keen to get the job done and finished rather than wait until the summer was over,in the end i bought ASH autosiliconehoses? i think,but what i know for sure is its a good quality hose as there were sample hoses there for me to see at my local Eng Supplier and test, which i was happy enough to then place an order on,

All going well i should have bought enough straight hoses, 90 degree bends & alloy connectors and new mild steel clips to do the job,as well as some new Antifreeze to finish the job off with,

The new parts should be ready to pick up on Monday Morning all going well?, so i'll update the thread as always and keep you in the loop,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:46 am

nice one don Cool
martyboi
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:17 pm

martyboi wrote:nice one don  Cool
Cheers Marty,Here you go,

Hi All,

Well the Polyester Reinforced Silicone Hoses i ordered from ASH (Auto silicone hoses) arrived this morning......wrong colour though,i ordered Red and i got Blue,

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 CoolantSystem115

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 ASH001

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 ASH002

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 ASH003

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 ASH004

Oh by the way Ive ordered far to much...Doh,never mind Ive got spares,

Before i went to the cash desk this morning i had picked up a few other parts worth over £20 and after me saying that the Blue would be OK they gave me the other parts i had in my hand for free,to be honest with the strut brace being Red and the engine block being Red it would have been to much so iam better off with the Blue,

Now rather than buy lots of alloy connectors i opted to use what joints the old stock rubber hoses were held together with, as the plastic molded connectors are good enough in my eyes,

Stock Coolant Hoses

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 07_005

Old Rubber Hoses Removed

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 CoolantSystem113

In the pic above you will see a 4 branch section & a 3 branch section.....the Cento's is actually a 3 t-piece section but i opted to use the 90 degree 3 branch that i took off a mpi Seicento, and Ive also used the top radiator bleed valve,i never used the 2 straight sections that used to be used on the bulkhead matrix hoses as there is no need to unless you wish to,

So i made up the section that joins the top radiator outlet to the thermostat using 2 x 32mm ID 90 degree bends and an alloy connector to join them,you do need to take some length off the 90 degree bends to get a good fit like below

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 ASH010

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 ASH022

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 ASH025

Then using the 4 branch plastic molded stock section and a 90 degree 32mm ID bend cut down to size and a short 32mm ID straight section cut to size i made this up below to run from the lower radiator inlet to the steel water pump pipe,

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 ASH006

Then using a 16mm ID 1 Metre section i joined up the header tank down to the 4 branch section just like the stock system used to be below,

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 ASH016

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 ASH023

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 ASH025

Then using another 1 Metre of 16mm ID hose i run that section from the last remaining branch up to the top heater matrix fitting,i also cut my breed valve in as it once was,although its 3 inches lower than it once was but that's OK as i had no problems breeding the system afterwards,

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 ASH021

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 ASH020

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 ASH019

Sorry i have no pics of the next bit but its no big deal,

Then using another 16mm ID hose from the outlet of the rear of the inlet manifold up to the bottom fitting on the heater matrix fitting the 3 branch section in between the inlet manifold and the bottom matrix fitting and then run an 8mm ID hose from the top of the header tank to the 8mm fitting on the 3 branch plastic section that's all the hoses fitted,

But on your car this 8mm hose that runs from the header tank to the 8mm fitting on the 3 branch plastic section will pass through the spi unit at the front exiting the rear, but my (SPI UNIT IS NOT WATER COOLED,so i didn't have to do this but you will,

In the end i had to take the long way round from the 8mm fitting on the top of the header tank to the 8mm fitting on the 3 branch plastic section down behind the spi unit but you might be able to do it as it was from stock?, but i was having trouble getting the 16mm hoses to go that direction without kinking?,but iam happy with the end result,

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 ASH027

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 ASH029

Ive tested it for leaks and iam pleased to say its all leak free but i do have few loose ends to finish off over the next few days but other then that iam well pleased with it,

I have yet to fit another 8mm bleed valve and hose to the 8mm fitting on the top of the radiator but that's about it?,

I'll get some better pic's up over the next few days?,but times against me at the minute as iam busy with work,

All the best Scuderia

Last edited by Scuderia on Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:35 am

I agree the blue does look good don.... and a £20 bonus too Twisted Evil another job ticked off the list pal and a good one at that Cool
martyboi
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:38 am

martyboi wrote:I agree the blue does look good don.... and a £20 bonus too Twisted Evil another job ticked off the list pal and a good one at that Cool

Nice One Marty,Yeah the Blue is just fine, Ive been down there most of the day just finishing a few things off, just the bumper to be fitted back on then its all go go go,

Cheers Don
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:09 am

Hi Guys,

Well i managed to get a little time with the Fiat this weekend but not near as much time as would have liked,but i have made a little progress,

Ive decided to change and buy a new set of black textured plastic bumpers for the Fiat:),i hear you saying why?,i think they look good on the 899 Cento's rather than the colour coded bumpers Ive already fitted so at £70 why not eh,

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 Bumpers115-2

Right i managed to get to old colour coded Imola Blue bumpers removed and stripped down and the parts iam using again cleaned and fitted to the new textured black plastic bumpers,

I also got the old bumpers covered and packed away for safe keeping for future use,

Ive also got some stickers for them....as i do:),but Ive no pic's iam afraid, i will get some for you later in the week as i have extra long weekend booked this weekend coming:)Nice!, so i should get the job finished off then?,

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 OrangeTrim011

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 OrangeTrim010

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 OrangeTrim006

Cheers Scuderia

Last edited by Scuderia on Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:41 am

Well at long last!.......,i managed to get the new black textured plastic bumpers fitted along with some new stickers lol,

All i can say is...........I Love It!Smile

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 Stickers001

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 CinquecentoFittedBumpers113

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 CinquecentoFittedBumpers121

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 CinquecentoFittedBumpers123

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 CinquecentoFittedBumpers120

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 CinquecentoFittedBumpers134

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 CinquecentoFittedBumpers131

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 CinquecentoFittedBumpers141

Cheers Scuderia

Last edited by Scuderia on Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:11 am

Hi All,

Well i smart repaired all the chips and scratches today with what little Imola Blue i had left over in the spray tin that i had made up earlier in the year, which has took me most of the day between using wet & drying de-greasing & even priming followed by a coat of Imola Blue, i have to say its looking good!, just need to buff and polish what Ive done after a few days have passed to let the paint cure a little,

That small dent on the drivers quarter panel is still there, but that's in the pipe line to be repaired at my local workshop in the Autumn as a homer job on the side for some beer tokens,

What Ive done is bin my To-Do-List, and redo it.....i wish i hadn't lol,more on that as the Weeks and Months go on,

SPOT THE 1108CC ROCKETDOG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9Zm94sqxNg

Italian Car and Bike Day 2012, SUNDAY 12 AUGUST 2012 - YouTube

I'll be there again this year,can't wait!,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:17 pm

Hi Marty lmfao,

Argh........Bloody starter motor packed in today lol,went down to the car and pressed the started button...... to get nothing apart from tick tick tick,it is the starter and not the battery as my voltage gauge is reading 12volts so i ordered another new starter today,just have to find the time to remove the other so i get my surcharge back on it,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:13 am

Hi All,

Well after much waiting about the new start motor arrived and is now cranking away again:),

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 528571_4556479754157_1798693805_n

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 480076_4556478434124_734955368_n

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 387167_4556479354147_1620882992_n

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 313682_4556525515301_1951296349_n

Cheers Scuderia

Last edited by Scuderia on Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:34 am

Hi All,

Well i had the car out at yesterday at the Scottish Italian Car & Bike Show at Hopetoun House,which iam pleased to say was a good day,the winning car was Ferrari Daytona and the bike was MV Agusta F4,

Well its that time of the year again for the Cento to be garaged:(,it still has 4 Months tax on it but that can be surrendered,now there is a track night this Friday with the AROC at Knockhill but iam not sure i can make it yet...Argh,ive not had this car out on the track this year yet....Oops, so it would be good to get out on the track for a blast eh!,we'll see what the Boss says later today,

So its now time to get the little car back up on its axle stands and start getting some more jobs done:).... between now and next Spring,

Whats next i here you ask?......that would be telling....lmfao,

I'll post up some pic's of yesterdays show later today all going well, when iam back on my laptop, and i get them uploaded to my gallery,

All the best Scuderia
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:06 am

Heyup mate, i wasnt sure about the black bumpers to start with but now there on the car i think they look pretty darn good Twisted Evil bummer about the starter motor pal No

hope you had a good day sunday, looking forward to the pics Very Happy
martyboi
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:28 am

martyboi wrote:Heyup mate, i wasnt sure about the black bumpers to start with but now there on the car i think they look pretty darn good Twisted Evil bummer about the starter motor pal No

hope you had a good day sunday, looking forward to the pics Very Happy

Hay Up Marty,

Yeah the bumpers were hit or miss, but they have worked eh,allot of other members on other sites where also not sure about it but most if not all have now come round to liking them,

The starter was no big deal to be honest mate just a little annoying if anything,if its the the case that was the stock fitted starter from new its done OK,as it's now 13 years old,

Iam uploading them pic's right now to photobucket so I'll put them into this thread laters tonight,

All the best Don
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:00 pm

Hi Marty,

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 382b0fd8

This should give you a direct link to my photobucket account,give me a shout if it doesn't

https://s1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg507/FireSporting/

Cheers Don
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:22 pm

some good pics there mate Cool
martyboi
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:44 am

martyboi wrote:some good pics there mate  Cool
Nice One,Cheers Marty,

Update

Nothing special, but something that ive been keen to do for some time,keeping up with the rally look,taking the inspiration from other rally cars i thought it was about time i got the spare wheel back in the car, if i ever did have a puncture i would be in trouble without one eh:(,not that it will be kept in the car when out on the track, but its there for me if i need it traveling to events or meets, just in case,

So what ive done is use the space saver that came with the car,after preping it i gave it a freshen up using some primer & white paint to match the other stock alloys that are already powder coated white,

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 576d2593

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 6ae845ae

Now with me having the foam filled fuel tank in the spare wheel bay, i opted to buy an alloy rally spare wheel post from my local rally supplier to mount it and keep help keep the spare wheel in place,

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 5f46af03

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 1bb95c7b

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 Eb6171e2

So i had to find a place where i could mount it:(?,so i opted to place it below,to be honest there wasn't anywhere else lol,what its not doing is fouling any of the fuel lines or brake lines even the fuel pumps tank or swirl pot, but i have had to make an alloy mounting bracket to help raise it a little so it didn't foul the seat harnesses,

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 4f017d0a

Below you will see the mounting plate i have to bent into shape using some 3mm checkered plate so it left enough room so the wheel didn't foul the seat harnesses,you will also see below where i had to mount the post itself and also pop rivit some checkered alloy plate to the red brace where the wheel will be seated,

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 B03509e6

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 0439b268

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 13c2f6f0

I have also bolted 2 more harness lugs to either side of the post to use in conjuction with the below strap to help keep the wheel in place,

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 0439b268

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 A2ecae39

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 C52e8a6e,

You will also see that the wheel is bolted in place like below,

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 2948d188

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 558b5c54

The spare wheel is no good without a jack eh,so its now bolted in the place between the fuel tank and the rear hatch,

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 09cddeee

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 1e978b9c

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 D312d4de

Finished

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 F990e732

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 B2bac657

Scuderia's Project - Page 11 F7897848

I have bought more bits and pieces but ive yet to get time to do anymore to it but i'll update the thread when i can as always,

Cheers Don

Last edited by Scuderia on Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum