Trackcarz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scuderia's Project

5 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Empty Re: Scuderia's Project

Post by Scuderia Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:53 pm

Hi All,

Well i manged to get the new polycarb windows bolted and riveted in place today,

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Wf012.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Wf011.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Wf018.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Wf017.th

Its now time to move onto my next job!,more on that in the coming days and weeks,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:58 am

Hi,

Ive always liked the look of air vents on the roof of rally cars so i thought i would have a piece of this action!,keen to keep up with the rally look i thought why not, With all my trim already being Orange and with the vent not being to large thats the colour i choose to use:),

Ive still to drill the main hole to vent the air through and add some air ducting to above me and the passenger but i'll do that in the Weeks and Months to come,So after a little cutting sanding and painting and drilling......here we have it,

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Roofscoop104.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Roofscoop106.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Roofscoop107.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Roofscoop109.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Roofscoop110.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Roofscoop111.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Airscoop097.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Ventfitted115.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Ventfitted102.th

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:07 pm

Hi All,

Well seeing as its my 41st Birthday today, my Son & Daughter bought me a small car cover to keep the little car dust free in the garage over the Winter Months, so i tried it on for size......fits a treat!,

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Car118.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Car120.th

I bought myself some more stickers last week,as i do,

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Stickers101.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Car107.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Car101c.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Car099.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Car103.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Car113.th

The rest went on my toolbox,

I ordered something for the Fiat last week but because iam attending the Scottish Italian Car & Bike Show at Hopetoun House this Sunday I'll start work to it when the show is over just in case i don't got it finished in time for the show?,but as always i will update the thread when the works completed as always,

Its also booked onto the rollers the week after the show to have my vernier pulley set but i'll update on that closer to the time and update the thread,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:04 am

Hi all,

Well the little Fiat was on the dyno this morning at HQ Performance Services in my home town for a few runs and to get the vernier pulley set?,

Iam pleased to say most of it turned out positive:), which iam Happy about:cool:,

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Hqdyno101.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Hqdyno103.th

There was no need to set the vernier as it turned out when i rebuild the engine and fitted the vernier pulley its now pretty much in a good position?, yes it could have been adjusted giving me more at the top end or bottom end but the figures and HQ themselves suggested i keep it as it is, the car is now more or less set to my liking and taking there advice i have opted not to adjust it as its running well,

Unfortunately there is a down side iam afraid but its not all doom and gloom unless its all about poweeeer? which its not for me but don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with more horses:devil:,

The problem is iam down on BHP and Torque from the last time i was on the dyno at Dastek..... but not by much!,

The delivery of the bhp is better and the torque has improved immensely across the whole rev range where as before it peaked then dropped off,

What also happened today was the last time i was on the Dyno at HQ Performance Services when they where known as Dastek they were running on a different dyno system and software and they have since changed it all, what they did say to me today is there would be a difference in the readings from there old system and its software to the new system:(,so i can't really compare my last print out to today's runs:(,they also can't give me a BHP reading at the flywheel:crazy:,as there new software works at the wheels only:crazy:,but they do hope to correct that very soon,

The last time i was on the dyno my cars readings were 73.5 BHP @ 6.633 rpm / 68.9 lbft @ 3.572 rpm at the flywheel,

Ive now got a better delivery of power at the bottom end and a torque line pretty much where you would want it through the rev range,

They also confirmed that iam neither running rich or lean!, which iam well chuffed about,

If you also look at my afr readings from before and today there has also been a vast improvement which iam also pleased about,

You will find below my old and new figures below as well as the old and new charts

Last Dyno Run 2009

Engine: 73.5 bhp @ 6.633 rpm / 68.9 lbft @ 3.572 rpm

Wheels: 56.2 bhp @ 6.640 rpm

---------------------------------------------------
Today's Dyno Run 2011:

Engine: At the minute they can now only estimate my Engine bhp at the flywheel as 73-78bhp because of there new system software is not set up to read the bhp at the flywheel?Crazy!,which to be honest iam not fussed about,

Wheels: 52.8 bhp @ 98 kph / 52lbft @ 64 kph

So iam down 03.40.... not even 1 bhp,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg_oO4nqI90

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l14aGbSFzRk

Todays Dyno Run Graph

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 15225220.th

2009 Dyno Run Graphs

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Dastek1.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Dastek2.th

As always i will update the thread when i get more done to the car:d,

I will post up some pic's of yesterday Italian car and bike show later tonight? all going well,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:08 am

Hi All,

Well.... what have i been up to:)?,

Well if anyone follows the wrc or irc rally?, you will noticed that there dashboards are flocked or even better still covered on black suede?,it was more popular in the 90's than today but its still used and seeing as iam a fan of its looks i thought i would like to have than done to my dashboard,

But i decided it would be to much if the whole dash was flocked or even covered in suede so i opted to just do my speedo surround apart from that i couldn't be bothered removing the dashboard again just to flock it,

Now its not a job you can do in situ as its way to complicated and messy,now because i only opted to do my speedo surround i thought i would do it myself using a black diy flocking kit from Frost Restorers Equipment,now its not easy to do and very messy and it took me more than one application to good results but Ive managed to pull it off to a pretty good finish to match my suede omp deep dish steering wheel,well pleased.

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Flockedspeedosurround01.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Flockedspeedosurround00.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Flockedspeedosurround00.th

If anyone is interested is doing it?, and doing anything larger than Ive just done i would think about using these guys but the down side apart from the price is you do need to remove the part your looking done to send sown to them so it can be costly,

http://www.getflocked.co.uk/

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:58 am

Hi All,

Well i had 5mins today to get the speedo surround bolted back on after it being flocked so here we are,

Ive managed to get a pretty good match between the omp deep dish steering wheel and surround so iam pretty pleased,that said i wish i had also done the gauge pod......ive still got some flock left over so i will do it down the line when ive got the time,

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Flockedspeedo103.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Flockedspeedo101.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Flockedspeedo100.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Flockedspeedo098.th

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:44 am

Hi All,

Sorry Ive not been about,

I parked the car in the garage in August when i sorn'ed it and apart from turning it over by hand there's been nothing to update on,

I have bought a few bits pieces for it, so all going well i should have an update in the coming weeks?,

Oh belated Happy Christmas,all the best for 2012,

Scuderia
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:39 am

Hi All,

Well i thought i pop in a update the thread,

Ive still done no more work on the car:), its been far to cold to be lying about the garage floor,apart from that ive been way to busy,

I was going to buy myself some new AP 4-pot brake calipers?,but then i thought whats the point?,i say that because?, ive already had the car out at Knockhill race circuit for 10 laps and the stock calipers and cross grooved and drilled vented disc's and new pads didn't fad all that much doing 10 laps),so i thought whats the point in replacing the stock calipers with 4-pots,so i bought myself a new set of LH & RH front Bosch brake calipers and some new 4 dot brake fluid,

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Pipercrossfilter121.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Pipercrossfilter119.th

As much as ive rebuilt most?,if not all the brake system on this car i never did change the handbrake cable so i also thought i would replace the cable with a new one,

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Pipercrossfilter117.th

When i rebult the rear brakes i replaced the rear brake cylinders for new ones but it seems i have a leak on one of the rear seals,so i decided to buy another to replace it,

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Swirlpot008.th

I also decided to fit a 1L alloy fuel swirl pot and secondary low pressure fuel pump to supply it as iam still getting fuel starvation when hard cornering,so this should cure it?,i also bought some more Teflon stainless steel braided fuel line to plumb it all in as well as some new finishing end caps,

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Swirlpot004.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Swirlpot006.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Swirlpot014.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Swirlpot003.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Swirlpot011.th

I also bought a new Pipercross cone filter and cleaner to keep it tip top condition,

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Pipercrossfilter116.th

Some new NGK IRIDIUM IX spark plugs

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Pipercrossfilter114.th

Last but not least,some new wiper blades,

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Pipercrossfilter118.th

All going well i should get back into the swing of things in the garage to get this all fitted in the coming weeks,

All the best Don
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:33 am

Hi Guys & Girls

Well i made a kind of start to the Cento Yesterday:),I started it up for the first time in 6 Months:cool:,Ive been turning it over by hand Monthly just so the oil rings and seals don't stick to the bores but iam pleased to say all went well,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-hHRTL22Qw

Other than that thats about all i did:(,still a little cold for me lol,but i should be making a start it over the next few weeks to get it ready for another years MOT,

I do have a track day planned next Month with the AROC at Knockhill but i'll doubt i'll make that:(,i would have taken the Merc but its in need of a brake service and its also in need of new rear tyres:devil:,then just a genral service,

I'll still go to this track night as its only just up the road from me at Knockhill so i'll go up for nights crack to speak to some of the Guys and Girls from Fiat Scotland and the Alfa Club,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:34 am

Hi All,

Why have i got the feeling iam the only one on this forum...lmfao,are you ok Marty?

Well after weeks of Home DIY and the weather being good i thought it was about time i made a start to the Cento again......Happy Days,

I made a start to removing my old front brake calipers and preped primed and painted my new Bosch calipers,

Old Front Calipers

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Oldcalipers.th

New Bosch calipers

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Pipercrossfilter119.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Boschcalipers.th

Preped & Primed

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Primed2.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Primed1.th

Painted

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Painted2.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Pained1.th

With the car sitting in the garage all winter and even though the garage is dry the brake discs did gather a little surface rust so i gave them a good clean using some wire wool,

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Brakescleaned.th

Like i said weeks ago even though i had replaced the whole rear brake system i did have a passenger rear brake cylinder that was in need of replacement, so got that changed over,

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Handbrakecablerearcylin.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Newbrakecylinder.th

I also replaced the handbrake cable as it was at the stage of its life it was pretty much fully adjusted and stressed out so i got that removed and replaced,

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Handbrakecablerearcylin.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Rearhandbrakecable.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Rearhandbrakelinkage2.th

I also got the rear brakes and drums all cleaned whilst i had them stripped down just to keep them in tip top condition,

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Rearbrakedrumcleaned.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Rearbrakedrums.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Rearbrakehubtrailingarm.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Rearbrakehubtrailingarm.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Rearbrakehubtrailing2.th

I still have to fit the front Bosch calipers back on and top up with fresh dot 4 brake fluid then i can think about bleeding the system and move onto my next job on my list of things to do,

More in the coming weeks,

All the best Scuderia
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:57 am

Hi All,

Well Ive not been up to much more than the last time i posted but i have made a little progress,

As you can see i got the new front Bosch brake calipers fitted,new handbrake cable fitted and adjusted,and also got the brake system topped back up with fresh DOT 4 fluid,

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 BrakesFinished127

[img width=609 height=480]https://2img.net/h/i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww43/Scuderia_01/BrakesFinished113.jpg[/img]

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 BrakesFinished111

I also removed the old steel cone filter that came with my focus induction kit that i have fitted and replaced it with new Pipercross filter which is much lighter and better fitting than the old steel cone filter which iam much happier about,

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Pipercross002

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Pipercross008

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Pipercross005

But apart that Ive not done much more,i did fit new wiper blades and got the front brake flexi pipes secured in place to prevent rubbing after bleeding the brake system but that's it,

Ive still to fit this secondary in-line fuel pump and fuel swirl pot i bought to cure my fuel starvation problem but iam waiting on a delivery of another part that is being custom made as speak before i more on to the fuel system.....but more on that in the coming week,

All the best Scuderia
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:06 pm

Looking good as always don Cool
martyboi
martyboi
Admin
Admin

https://trackcarz.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:22 am

Hi Guys,

Well the weather has been........lets say..... p!shing it down up here in Scotland,so ive not been down the garage much even though its dry in there, its just not been the warmest either so not much to update on iam afraid, but i have made a little progress,

As most of you know i have Mings old Stainless Steel Supersprint Exhaust Manifold fitted at the front,its still pretty much solid but i removed it to give it a good clean and remove the rust from the underside that faces down onto the road......rust has to be the worst living organism on this bloody planet eh,

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Supersprint4-2-1Manifold

Iam not a fan of manifold heat wrap but i have covered the under side of the manifold, NOT THE TOP in the hope that this might help keep it in better condition on the underside?,iam not so sure though?,well see,what i might do is have this one reconditioned?,but thats not an option at the minute as cash is low,i don't think iam the only one with this problem though,

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Supersprint002

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 StainlessSteelExhaustFinished011

I still have my Ashley Twin DPM back box fitted as i can't part with it as it was gift...apart from that its in great condition and it sounds and looks great,

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 StainlessSteelExhaustFinished001

I have also had the final stainless steel exhaust section made up so over the last few days or so with the weather being dryish i got it all fitted and tested for gas leaks,which iam pleased to say there was none,

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 StainlessSteelMid-Front

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 StainlessSteelExhaustFinished008

As you can see i have done away with the middle silencer box as there is absolutely no need for it.... what so ever,

I still have my cat fitted as i need it for MOT, so what ive done is bought a stainless steel sleeve so i can fit the cat for MOT,then just remove the sleeve along with the cat afterwards and replace it with a straight stainless steel section that ive already got kicking about the garage,

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Connector111

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 StainlessSteelExhaustFinished012

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 PowerflexExhaustBush

This is the other stainless steel section i had made last year so no change there,

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 StainlessSteelMid-End

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 StainlessSteelExhaustFinished007

Finished product.....well pleased,

Well whats next i here you say???,as much as there is no rust on this car there is a few paint chips on the underside of the 10mm lips on the wheel arches and rust is just visable on the rears, so iam going to make a start to repairing them,

More updates in the coming weeks,

All the best Scuderia

Last edited by Scuderia on Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:22 am

Hi Guys,

Just a little video of the car ticking over,ive been asked why i didn't Blurp the throttle....sorry,i'll get another video during the week for you if i get time?,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=684jhF1l378

Cheers Scuderia

Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi Wed May 02, 2012 3:22 am

burble burble Twisted Evil sounds sweet mate
martyboi
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Wed May 02, 2012 11:53 pm

martyboi wrote:burble burble Twisted Evil sounds sweet mate

Very Happy Sounds good eh,its better in the flesh pal,i done away with the centre box when i had that front middle section made up Evil or Very Mad ,it was no bigger than a tin can for fck sake but with it now all being 2" straight throw pipe it does give off a better note,

Cheers Don
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi Fri May 04, 2012 1:24 am

Scuderia wrote:
martyboi wrote:burble burble Twisted Evil sounds sweet mate

Very Happy Sounds good eh,its better in the flesh pal,i done away with the centre box when i had that front middle section made up Evil or Very Mad ,it was no bigger than a tin can for fck sake but with it now all being 2" straight throw pipe it does give off a better note,

Cheers Don

Twisted Evil
martyboi
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Sun May 06, 2012 10:05 am

Hi All,

Well ive a little update......nothing fancy iam afraid just a little body work update,

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Overspray

As i said before this Fiat is pretty much rust free but the arches do have some rust due to chipping paint and stone chips,

Yuk

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 ChipsRust3

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 ChipsRust4

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 ChipsRust2

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 ChipsRust

So i got them sanded down and filled with some P38........come on it wouldn't be Fiat with some form of filler as a part of it,then i got them all sanded down and degrease ready for some primer,then keyed and degrease again ready for some new Imola Blue,then i got the hard paint lines blended in.......i have to say if i don't say so myself...its turned out well,

Filled using P38

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 P38

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 P383

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 P382

Primer

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Primer3

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Primer2

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Primer1

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Primer

Sprayed & Blended

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 PaintBlend5

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 PaintBlend4

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 PaintBlend3

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 PaintBlend1

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 PaintBlend

Thats All Folks,

Whats next?......fuel swirl pot and secondary low pressure fuel pump,

Cheers Scuderia

Last edited by Scuderia on Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi Thu May 10, 2012 4:21 pm

Nice tidy job there don Cool
martyboi
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Fri May 11, 2012 12:03 am

martyboi wrote:Nice tidy job there don Cool

Hi Marty,

Cheers pal,yeah it turned out well eh,Iam no bodywork man but i have to be honest and say i was quite surprised with the results,Ive done a few repairs over the years and this is by far the best yet Cool,

Cheers Don
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Sun May 13, 2012 12:06 am

Hi All,

Well after finding a little time over the weekend  i managed to get the secondary Facet low pressure fuel pump and alloy fuel swirl pot fitted to work in conjunction with the Welbro low pressure turbo pump and alloy fuel tank in the attempt to eliminate this fuel starvation problem its suffering from on hard cornering & braking,

Like i said Ive only had time to static test it but after manually priming the fuel swirl pot for the first time then starting the car as normal iam pleased to say all seems to be well as its idling and running as it should be,

I can't road or track test it yet as the car isn't booked in for MOT for another Fortnight,but as soon as i get the chance i will,can't see there being problem though,although i have been here before,

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 FuelSwirlPotFitted109

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 FuelSwirlPotFitted115

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 FuelSwirlPotFitted113

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 FuelSwirlPotFitted110

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 FuelSwirlPotFitted121

Love it or Hate it,i love it......very patriotic me,but after removing my bonnet lining many many moons ago and even after it was cleaned under there i never did like the look of it as it always look minging

So after some sanding priming keying and painting this happened,

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Flag005

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Flag003

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 Flag002

Whats next?,well apart from MOT in 2 weeks time......who knows???????,

Cheers Scuderia

Last edited by Scuderia on Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi Mon May 14, 2012 1:47 am

Hey, if i knew the Italian national anthem... id be singing it now Laughing like it don, like it! Very Happy

martyboi
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Tue May 15, 2012 12:47 am

martyboi wrote:Hey, if i knew the Italian national anthem... id be singing it now Laughing like it don, like it! Very Happy

Hi Marty,

lol........Sing along to this..... i never blurped the throttle the last time round but that's been corrected....music to my ears,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miLKNy8ktu0

Well i bought & ordered some more parts for it yesterday Twisted Evil ,so as always I'll update the thread when they arrive and i have them fitted,

Oh i had cancel the MOT next week until mid June due to other commitments.....no big problem though,

Cheers Scuderia

Last edited by Scuderia on Tue May 15, 2012 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi Tue May 15, 2012 1:21 am

Twisted Evil sounds bloody nice mate Cool

Cool look forward to it

ahh well, not to long to wait pal Smile
martyboi
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Sun May 20, 2012 11:22 am

Hi All,

Anyone that knows this car will now i fitted a roof scoop.... vent.... what ever you want to call it? last year, but i never did cut the roof to let the air in, i only made and fitted the vent itself,so what ive done for now is drill 10x10mm holes, then i fitted rubber wiring grommets using some sealer then with the vent lid fitted i water tested it......which iam pleased to say was a success,

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 AirRoofVent127

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 AirRoofVent126

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 AirRoofVent134

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 AirRoofVent132

Will it work i hear you say?,

Well after i fitted the vent itself last year i did have the car out on the open road and because there was already a hole on the roof where the aerial used to be i couldn't believe just how much air traveled in, so iam sure it'll work,anyone that has had there car out on the track doing 10+ laps......will know it gets bloody warm in there so any air to help keep us cool is a good thing,

I also took a trip down to my local breakers yard and removed a double air vent off an MG Convertible and with a little tiger seal it now looks like this,i can also close or open the vent when needed which is a plus point,

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 AirRoofVent138

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 AirRoofVent142

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 AirRoofVent136

Moving on

So i ordered some more parts,as you do....nothing special though,

Two new orange TRS towing straps..........i hope thats not a sign of things to come...... lmfao,why?because i like them...simples,

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 AirRoofVent110

To get the front strap to fit i just had to make a few slight adjustments to the old towing eye bracket,

Old Towing Bracket cut drilled primed and painted

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 TowStraps001

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 TowStraps002

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 TowStraps003

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 TowStraps011

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 TowStraps012

New Strap Fitted

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 TowStraps013

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 TowStraps014

To get the rear strap to fit was easy, all i needed to do was drill a hole to accommodate the bolt that holds the strap in place on the rear bumper brackets where the existing towing eye is fitted.....that said i was lucky as my rear bumper brackets are new, but if it had been my old brackets that wouldn't have been possible as they were rotten to the core with rust,

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 TowStraps008

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 TowStraps004

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 TowStraps009

Now i did notice that my throttle cable was a little worse for wear,

So i bought this,

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 AirRoofVent146

Its a universal stainless steel braided throttle cable with a Teflon core.......and with a few slight adjustments here you have it fitted and in working order,

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 ThrottleCable110

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 ThrottleCable111

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 ThrottleCable112

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 ThrottleCable113

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 ThrottleCable114

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 ThrottleCable120

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 ThrottleCable121

Scuderia's Project - Page 10 ThrottleCable123

I also ordered myself a oil catch tank but it seems it has got lost in the post, so the seller has sent me another,should be here later this week all going well?,

All the best Scuderia

Last edited by Scuderia on Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum