Trackcarz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scuderia's Project

5 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Scuderia's Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Scuderia's Project

Post by martyboi Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:44 am

Scuderia wrote:
martyboi wrote:good stuff don Cool youll be back on the road before you know it Twisted Evil

Cheers Marty,

Lets hope so lets hope so,a bloody lottery win would help Scuderia's Project - Page 2 Icon_smile ,

Cheers Scuderia

Laughing tell me about it, and i do actually buy a ticket now Laughing Ive won about £20 over the last 6 months Mad
martyboi
martyboi
Admin
Admin

https://trackcarz.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:25 pm

Hi all,

Well i had some time today to get the valve stem oil seals removed and get the head clean up,

Scuderia's Project - Page 2 CylinderHead004

Scuderia's Project - Page 2 CylinderHead001

Scuderia's Project - Page 2 CylinderHead007

Scuderia's Project - Page 2 CylinderHead008

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:32 pm

Cool when are you going to start the porting etc?
martyboi
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:53 pm

martyboi wrote:Cool when are you going to start the porting etc?

All going well i will start it this weekend??? like i said before iam only removing the bad casting marks and taking both inlet and exhaust ports out to meet the gaskets which on the this engine is not much as Fiat have pretty much done it already so there will be no chance of me grinding into a water or oil vain Shocked as i only need to remove 1-2mm to meet the gaskets on both inlet and exhaust ,i will leave the inlet side rough-ish to aid turbulent air fuel mixture and polish the exhaust side...even though it will not stay like that for long Embarassed ,

All going well i should get the all the valves polished tomorrow and Friday,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:05 am

Hi all,

Well i had some time this afternoon to ge the valves all cleaned up and now this is done it only leaves me to gring them in and cheak for leaks when the time comes,

Before

Scuderia's Project - Page 2 Valves003

After

Scuderia's Project - Page 2 ValvesCleanedPolished002

Scuderia's Project - Page 2 ValvesCleanedPolished003

Scuderia's Project - Page 2 ValvesCleanedPolished005

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:01 pm

Looking bloody good don, youre really making me want to start work on mine now Smile
Looking forward to the next installment Cool
martyboi
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:18 pm

martyboi wrote:Looking bloody good don, youre really making me want to start work on mine now Smile
Looking forward to the next installment Cool

Yeah they've have turned out well Smile iam well pleased,easy job,

Its hard getting time or even getting motivated at times but i know where you coming from as there has been times i just couldn't give t0ss but most times its down to cash and time Sad

Yeah hope to start the head tomorrow?? all going well??but i'll not get a full day at it but there's no rush as its not going anywhere quick Laughing i need more cash lol,

Cheers Don
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:13 pm

Laughing tell me about it, i really need a get rich quick scheme Laughing
When i get all this decorating sorted and out of the way, i can start doing mine without having to feel guilty Cool
martyboi
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:46 pm

Hi All,

Well i had most of the day to myself so i was able to do a little more work that i wanted to have done on the head,

On the inlet side all i have done is remove the ruff casting ridges and take it out to the diameter size of the ports to match the inlet manifold gasket just around the lip of the ports and left it as rough as it was before i started to help aid turbulent air and fuel mixture,

Scuderia's Project - Page 2 Port015

Scuderia's Project - Page 2 Port009

Scuderia's Project - Page 2 Port011

Now on the Exhaust ports side all i have done is remove the most of the carbon build up and remove the casting ridges and smooth the ports out and give them a quick polish the best i could and take them out to the same size as the exhaust manifold gasket like on the inlets...although iam sure they will not stay clean for long,

This pic isn't doing my polishing any justice but they are like a baby's bum nice a smooth...just like me,

Scuderia's Project - Page 2 Port003

Scuderia's Project - Page 2 Port004

Scuderia's Project - Page 2 Port013

Now i can get on with grinding the valves in a little to test for leaks before i sent it off to be skimmed then i can finish them off when it returns as there is no point in sending it away to be skimmed to find out when it returns the valves are not seating right:o but i will have to wait until i get the new valve stem oil seals and springs??? not sure when that will be iam not asking the oh for more cash:eek:she'll beat me up,

Iam going to move into the block over the weekend but iam not quite sure what iam doing there yet??there seems to be no play in the pistons so i might not be removing them??although i will check the bearings to see if there is any excess marks on them,i will replace all the oil seals and gaskets iam just not keen to remove the pistons when they don't need to be removed,we'll see,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:31 am

well i'm impressed mate Cool looks like it will do the job nicely Twisted Evil

what tool's did you use to do it then in the end?
martyboi
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:00 am

martyboi wrote:well i'm impressed mate Cool looks like it will do the job nicely Twisted Evil

To be honest mate i could take much more off than i have but iam more than happy i have it out to now meet the gasket size and removed the casting ridges,

I just used the power drill on the end using a grinding stone for removing the mass of what needed removed and polished the exhaust port using a polishing Mop.. again that fits onto the end of the drill bit,there all on eBay if you looking them,i was lucky as my ports are very small compared to some larger engines so i was able to use normal sized attachment's for the drill,

Cheers Don
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:18 am

Hi All,

Well i was able to start work on the block today so i started by checking the pistons again today for play but there is none so iam not removing them nor iam i doing any work on the crank?apart from the bearings if there badly marked?? and new gaskets and oil seals?but i have not got the fare yet,

I was able to get the block face cleaned up today along with the inlet manifold,i also removed the crankshaft oil retainer and cleaned it up and got the oil seal removed ready for the new oil gasket and seal,

Scuderia's Project - Page 2 Block001

Scuderia's Project - Page 2 Block011

Thats about all i had time for today but there is always tomorrow,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by davenport Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:59 am

nice work fella... looks like things re going well....

davenport
Stig Of The Dump
Stig Of The Dump

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:20 am

Scuderia wrote:
martyboi wrote:well i'm impressed mate Cool looks like it will do the job nicely Twisted Evil

To be honest mate i could take much more off than i have but iam more than happy i have it out to now meet the gasket size and removed the casting ridges,

I just used the power drill on the end using a grinding stone for removing the mass of what needed removed and polished the exhaust port using a polishing Mop.. again that fits onto the end of the drill bit,there all on eBay if you looking them,i was lucky as my ports are very small compared to some larger engines so i was able to use normal sized attachment's for the drill,

Cheers Don

Cool i dont blame you for not taking any more off, without a flow bench to measure if youre making any improvement you can easily do more harm than good mate, major porting work is definately an art best left to the pros:)
Theres one guy who does bike engines, and he actually makes the ports smaller to speed up the gas flow Shocked

keep it up bud Very Happy
martyboi
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:19 am

davenport wrote:nice work fella... looks like things re going well....

Cheers,its all go in the Fiat camp this Month...about bloody time too Very Happy

martyboi wrote:
Scuderia wrote:

Cheers Don

Cool i dont blame you for not taking any more off, without a flow bench to measure if youre making any improvement you can easily do more harm than good mate, major porting work is definately an art best left to the pros:)
Theres one guy who does bike engines, and he actually makes the ports smaller to speed up the gas flow Shocked

keep it up bud Very Happy

Yeah its hit or miss as not all heads are the same,

Well i was able to get a bit more done today,as much as iam not removing the crank or pistons i was told to check the end bearings and caps so i removed them today and iam pleased to say there was to excessive wear or cracks so i re-oiled them and torqued them back up and angle tightened them,as i said the other day i also checked the pistons for play by using the old pushing thumb method back and forth from front to rear about 6mm from TDC and they seem to be nice and tight with no play...German Girl Friend Rightintight,

I removed the oil pump today and stripped it all down and gave it a good clean ready for refitting,i will need 2 new copper washers, oil seal and gasket but they will be bought when iam fitting it back on,

Scuderia's Project - Page 2 Sunday001

Scuderia's Project - Page 2 Sunday002

Scuderia's Project - Page 2 Sunday003

Scuderia's Project - Page 2 Sunday005

Scuderia's Project - Page 2 Sunday006

Scuderia's Project - Page 2 Sunday004

I also got the sump mating surface all clean up on the sump using some silicone sealant remover as someone had used sealant on it to seal it before me and not used a gasket,

I also got all the mating surfaces on the block cleaned up today ready for the new gaskets and oil seals but thats about it from the engine for a while as iam going to move onto other parts i removed from the engine bay that need sanded down and repainted to freshen them up,

Scuderia's Project - Page 2 Sunday008

Scuderia's Project - Page 2 Sunday009

Scuderia's Project - Page 2 Sunday014

Over the out,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:40 am

look's like it's going well don Cool was the sealant remover any good at getting the instant gasket off then?
martyboi
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:44 am

martyboi wrote:look's like it's going well don Cool was the sealant remover any good at getting the instant gasket off then?

Hi Marty,

Yeah the Uni-Bond remover work a treat although it is expensive at £7.50 from B&Q ,all you do is smear it on and leave it for 2-3 hrs,it doesn't make it go paste like again but it loosens its grip Cool ,all you then need to do it use plastic scraper or a Stanley blade and a cloth to remove it.. Bobs your Uncle...Job Done!!,

Well i got the remaining bits and pieces i removed over the last few weeks all cleaned up and sanded a little and primed and painted Embarassed bloody hate sanding Rolling Eyes

The 3 mounts in the engine bay... 1 engine mount, 1 upper and lower gearbox mount,the engine mount is good and lower gearbox mount is good but the upper gearbox mount is goosed,

Just a little lol

Scuderia's Project - Page 2 BitsPieces001

Bits a pieces i painted today

Sump,coil bracket,alternator pulley,engine mount,lower gearbox mount,upper gearbox mount bracket, lower gearbox mount bracket,steel engine coolant pipe,wing brackets, and few other bits and Bobs,

Scuderia's Project - Page 2 BitsPieces003

Cheers Donald
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:40 pm

£7.50 Shocked ruddy eck don, well at least it's off now Cool

Laughing yep that mount looks like it's seen better days Laughing yet another thing to add to the list...

Twisted Evil verry nice, ill have to get the bling-ometer out when youve finished this Very Happy
martyboi
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:20 pm

martyboi wrote:£7.50 Shocked ruddy eck don, well at least it's off now Cool

Laughing yep that mount looks like it's seen better days Laughing yet another thing to add to the list...

Twisted Evil verry nice, ill have to get the bling-ometer out when youve finished this Very Happy

I know it only £7.50 but the tube is about 2" long so it daylight robbery...tight fckers us Scots lmfao,

I will give the sump another coat? as i run out of paint today,i tell you something.... its not going to be as easy putting the engine back in without marking the sump?? as it was when i removed it using the jack Shocked i will make sure i have Ready Break that morning lol,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:19 am

Scuderia wrote:

I know it only £7.50 but the tube is about 2" long so it daylight robbery...tight fckers us Scots lmfao,

I will give the sump another coat? as i run out of paint today,i tell you something.... its not going to be as easy putting the engine back in without marking the sump?? as it was when i removed it using the jack Shocked i will make sure i have Ready Break that morning lol,

Cheers Scuderia

Laughing you said it rofl

Laughing are you using a hoist to put it back then?
martyboi
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:07 am

martyboi wrote:
Scuderia wrote:

Cheers Scuderia

Laughing you said it rofl

Laughing are you using a hoist to put it back then?

Twisted Evil

I think it would be a good idea but rather than buy one i think i will see if i can hire or borrow one first then if push comes to shove i will buy a second hand one,

Well i was able to give the sump another 2 coats today Cool no pics iam afraid,i was also able to get the wing brackets,screen washer bottle and bracket,horn,front upper gearbox mount bracket,headlights and front indicators units back on Smile but thats about it for today,

More in the coming days as and when i get some more jobs done,

Cheers Scuderia

Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:15 am

Cool when you getting the head skimmed don?
martyboi
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:49 am

martyboi wrote: Cool when you getting the head skimmed don?

Mmmh.....not sure yet,my plan is to get all the parts i need to get the engine rebuilt after having the block checked and head skimmed as well as getting the flywheel lightened at the same time so it could be late July? early August? Embarassed as that will give me time to get the parts i need,

instant gasket for the sump

thermostat

12 sump bolts

8 valve springs

Radiator

silicon coolant pipes

head gasket set,head bolts,valve stem oil seals,camshaft oil seals,crank shaft oil seal

new water pump

timing belt & new tensioner

6 flywheel bolts

1 camshaft bolt

1 crankshaft sprocket bolt

Copper washers

3 aux pulley bolts

upper gearbox mount

Engine oil

clutch & thrust bearing

Ive already got the plugs, oil filter,alternator belt and other little bits and pieces but iam sure there's more Ive forgot about Embarassed Shocked ???

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:50 am

Scuderia wrote:

Mmmh.....not sure yet,my plan is to get all the parts i need to get the engine rebuilt after having the block checked and head skimmed as well as getting the flywheel lightened at the same time so it could be late July? early August? Embarassed as that will give me time to get the parts i need,

instant gasket for the sump

thermostat

12 sump bolts

8 valve springs

Radiator

silicon coolant pipes

head gasket set,head bolts,valve stem oil seals,camshaft oil seals,crank shaft oil seal

new water pump

timing belt & new tensioner

6 flywheel bolts

1 camshaft bolt

1 crankshaft sprocket bolt

Copper washers

3 aux pulley bolts

upper gearbox mount

Engine oil

clutch & thrust bearing

Ive already got the plugs, oil filter,alternator belt and other little bits and pieces but iam sure there's more Ive forgot about Embarassed Shocked ???

Cheers Scuderia

sounds like a plan mate Cool

martyboi
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:05 am

Hi All,

Well here we have a new set of rear bumper brackets....that should make it go faster lmfao,

Scuderia's Project - Page 2 Bumperbrackets004.th
Scuderia's Project - Page 2 Bumperbrackets002.th

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum: