Trackcarz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guide to fitting a nitrous kit (pic heavy)

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Guide to fitting a nitrous kit (pic heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Guide to fitting a nitrous kit (pic heavy)

Post by YcMing Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:59 am

Serious thanks for making this guide up.

See if I don't want to use a micro switch, possible to by pass that and using something like RPM Switch, so i could only activate the nos once above certain rev?

See with the micro swtich system, is it possible for the car to sit stationary full throttle, then hit the switch, it will still shoot the nos right?

Ming

YcMing
Trackday Virgin
Trackday Virgin

Back to top Go down

Guide to fitting a nitrous kit (pic heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Guide to fitting a nitrous kit (pic heavy)

Post by martyboi Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:09 pm

the microswitch on the throttle is essential! this is so you can only activate the system at full throttle.
you would use a rpm swith along with the throttle switch, but youre better off getting a nitrous controller like a minimax or maximiser. with these controllers you can set a delay... so when the throttle switch is activated, the delay gives the revs time to rise to a safe level, then it will activate the solenoids.

if you dont have a controller, just dont put the throttle all the way down untill you are above 3000 rpm Smile
martyboi
martyboi
Admin
Admin

https://trackcarz.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by YcMing Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:15 am

Ahh, you did mention using a TPS switch or something ?( you linked it to the site as well).

Could one use that instead of the micro switch ?

Do you have any experience with that ? How do you set it to actiavte the nos injection?

Thanks
Ming

YcMing
Trackday Virgin
Trackday Virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:21 pm

all they do is replace the microswitch, they are easier to fit as you do not have to mess about making a bracket as they are wired up so they sense when the throttle is open using your own throttle position sensor (thats if you have one?).
tbh i would just go for a microswitch as there allot cheaper Wink
martyboi
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by YcMing Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:31 am

ah many thanks Smile.

Now where is the best place to buy a kit Very Happy?

Thanks
Ming

YcMing
Trackday Virgin
Trackday Virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:02 am

I would only reccomend a wizards of nos kit tbh, you can buy one new direct from them... or keep an eye out on ebay as quite a few come up on there, that's where i got mine from Laughing
martyboi
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2