Trackcarz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Servicing Your After Market Cone Filter

3 posters

Go down

Servicing Your After Market Cone Filter Empty Servicing Your After Market Cone Filter

Post by Scuderia Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:31 am

Hi All,

This can be one of the biggest over looked jobs that most people seem not to do for one reason or another and if its looked after it will help keen the filter in tip top condition and prevent any crud getting into the throttle body,

To clean you aftermarket filter you will need this a K&N Filter Care Service Kit or another equivalent,just off the top of my head this was about £10 and so far it has serviced my filter about 4 times and its not even half finished so well worth every penny to keep the cone filter in good condition as well as your cars engine,you will also need a paint brush and lukewarm tap water and a dry clean cloth,

Servicing Your After Market Cone Filter 8C93AB3E-B95C-44A0-B4BE-6A8286A783F
Servicing Your After Market Cone Filter 15C1FABC-F629-4D82-BD42-F04A3F7CDA6

1). First you will need to remove the filter from the car and on most cone filters it is just a case of loosening the jubilee clip on the neck of the cone filter with a star screwdriver or either a 8mm or 10mm socket or spanner,and this then should let you pull the filter away from its location and it is now ready to clean.

2).Take your paint brush and give the filter on the out side only a lite brush from top to bottom all the way round to help loosen and remove and dirt and scum as much as you can,

Servicing Your After Market Cone Filter 2126D03C-AC26-4C28-96B2-3B4C41608C3
Servicing Your After Market Cone Filter 214BF13C-514F-4A15-A3DD-18BA6C83A98

3).After this is done its time to apply the air filter cleaner all over on the out side of the filter only and then leave it to site for 10 minutes to clean and loosen the remaining dirt and scum,

Servicing Your After Market Cone Filter 3A989CA4-0766-483A-BD41-2CE857778D0

4).Once this is done and it has been sitting for 10 minutes its time to rinse the cone filter with lukewarm tap water only from the clean side to the dirty bottom side all the way round on the out side of the filter only and once this is done take the filter out side and give it a good shake to get rid of any excess water and then leave to dry naturally only,a little tip that i do after shaking the excess water out is to cover the filter in kitchen roll to help absorb some more water,

Servicing Your After Market Cone Filter 46185DD1-A5D1-4B0B-865C-F98908A63B8

5).Once the filter is dry its time to recharge it with cone filter oil all over from top to bottom on the outside of the filter only and once this is done rub the excess oil off the filter with a clean cloth,

Servicing Your After Market Cone Filter D0C7E2CB-C0F0-4ABB-94E1-C81DBC8A4BE

Job done it is now ready to fit back on to your car by tightening the jubilee clip on the neck of the cone filter making sure it is on securely,

As i said i just hope it helps all the very best Scuderia

Last edited by Scuderia on Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:18 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Servicing Your After Market Cone Filter Empty Re: Servicing Your After Market Cone Filter

Post by martyboi Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:21 am

good guide don Cool i really should do mine, as I'm certainly guilty Embarassed
martyboi
martyboi
Admin
Admin

https://trackcarz.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Servicing Your After Market Cone Filter Empty Re: Servicing Your After Market Cone Filter

Post by Scuderia Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:22 am

martyboi wrote:good guide don Cool i really should do mine, as I'm certainly guilty Embarassed

I think we all are Embarassed so thats another job to add to list of things to do Smile

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike11 Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:10 am

I might be getting a second hand one for my Focus from the FFOC. I will do this before it gets fitted. Twisted Evil

Mike11
Trackday Virgin
Trackday Virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:33 am

Mike11 wrote:I might be getting a second hand one for my Focus from the FFOC. I will do this before it gets fitted. Twisted Evil

Cool

The induction kit fitted to this car of mine was made for a focus Smile although iam not sure it was for your type? ok the filter is no way great Embarassed but it does it job!! and when serviced right will do you for quite a while before having to ditch it for another,you can get them for about £17 from new so there not expensive,

Cheers Scuderia

Last edited by Scuderia on Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Scuderia
Scuderia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum